Avalor’s AnySource™ Connector and Integrations Library: Powering Our Any Data Source, Any Format Difference
Being able to ingest some, but not all of your organization's data sources means you’re still missing a lot. In this blog post, Timna Carmel, VP of Product at Avalor, explains how the hundreds of integrations available with the Avalor platform enable enterprises to ingest, normalize, and analyze data from anywhere in the tech stack to provide full coverage of all your data.
Security data integrations are hard. Just ask anyone trying to connect the myriad security data they collect in order to protect their business.
And yet without the ability to ingest and use all of the security and business data you capture across your enterprise, you’re really only seeing part of your threat landscape. It’s like trying to drive on a busy highway with one eye closed. Chances are, you’re going to miss something really important.
That’s why Avalor has invested heavily in data integrations for our Data Fabric for Security™, so that you can focus on protecting your enterprise and making fast, data-driven business decisions. We intentionally built our infrastructure to enable us to deploy integrations quickly, so you can be confident that no matter what security tools you use today or choose to add down the road, it can be easily connected to our platform.
Now we’ve significantly enhanced our integration toolset with the addition of the AnySource™ Connector
The AnySource™ Connector enables our Data Fabric for Security™ platform to ingest any data in any format, no matter how obscure or custom the source. Along with our hundreds of out-of-the-box integrations for security tools, cloud platforms and more, the AnySource™ Connector ensures that all data can be ingested, parsed and mapped into your security knowledge graph in Avalor.
Building a true “any data, any format” platform means that all data types work on a dynamic semantic model that can be adjusted to meet customer specific needs. That’s why we built the AnySource™ Connector to support parsing and mapping any file format and type to the semantic model.
The AnySource™ Connector also provides:
- Support for myriad shipping methods including S3, FTP, webhook, email, etc.
- Flexible file parsers that can automatically detect and read multiple file types
- Unique mapping and transformation engine to normalize, extract, manipulate or generate values for your data model
- Access to the mapping logic so you know how the data is being mapped to your security model. No more hidden logic to reverse engineer.
How our investment in integrations increases your ROI
- You can use the tools you’ve already invested in. All security organizations have invested in software to detect, protect, analyze, scan and monitor data across the enterprise. Yet often, how they will extract and actually use the valuable data these tools generate is sometimes an afterthought. Then, when you need to integrate these data sources to get a holistic view of risk across the organization, you find out it’s easier said than done.
- Your security team can stop struggling. We often hear from customers about the time and money they have spent trying to build an integration for an expensive solution they already bought, or even for a homegrown security tool, only to give up in frustration. What’s more, building these connectors is not the security team’s core competency, nor is it their priority. With our AnySource™ Connector, or any of our out of the box integrations, bringing the data in where it can be aggregated and processed is simple and fast.
- You can unlock the value in all data sources, no matter how obscure. Security data comes in many forms, not all of them traditional or cyber tools-based. You could have valuable data in Jira projects, spreadsheets, pentest files, and bug bounty reports that live in isolation, and were never correlated with other data to be fully leveraged. The AnySource™ Connector is the key that unlocks all the various bits of data you’ve had sitting around.
Integrating ALL of your security data and more
Data is at the heart of your security operation, and most businesses have invested in dozens of tools to identify and remediate different types of security risks. In turn, a tsunami of detection and other data is generated constantly, with no way to reconcile these data sets, which is often disjointed or duplicative.
Our Data Fabric for Security solves this by aggregating, normalizing, and deduplicating data, so you can track risk from discovery to remediation with context from across your business.
To learn more about our 150+ data integrations, including the AnySource™ Connecter, reach out to our team here.
Read more on this and similar topics.View all posts
AWS Integrations for Avalor’s Security Data Fabric™
Avalor's data fabric is cloud-agnostic, integrating with more than 100 different data sources including AWS, Azure, GCP, and private clouds. In this blog post, Avalor CTO Kfir Tishbi shares details on all of the data integrations our platform supports for AWS customers including AWS Security Lake and AWS Cloud Security services.
What Security Leaders Need to Know About Data Fabric Architecture
Avalor CEO Raanan Raz explains how a data fabric architecture solves security's greatest data challenge.